So you've finally planned yourself a vacation, eh?
In that case, I don’t want you to miss anything in your suitcase. So let me be your packing checklist. This post is aimed at people who are traveling to tropical locations for 2 – 10 days.
First off, us ladies always pack way too much. But what we always forget is, more empty space on the way to the holiday means more items to bring back!
Bring less ladies! I’ve just been to Fiji, and had so much space for more! I didn’t end up buying anything, but it’s always good to have extra space incase you fall in love with something.
My Packing Checklist:
- minimum cosmetics
- mini shampoo/conditioner/body wash
- tooth brush/paste
- q tips
- face mask (pamper yourself!)
- vitamin E cream
- coconut oil
- lip balm with spf
- bug spray
- nail clippers/tweezers/file
- 2 dresses
- 1 denim shorts
- 1 cozy shorts
- 2 tops
- 10 undies
- 1 coverup
- 1 sandals
- 1 pair of shoes/socks
- 1 bra
- 1 sport bra
- power adaptor
- kobo ereader
- polaroid camera
- microfibre towel
- sun glasses
- bottle opener
- 1 carry on backpack
- 1 purse
- 1 suitcase
- 2 locks
The "Oops" Checklist
There are many little things that you’d forget when you haven’t traveled for a while. Let me refresh your memory so you don’t have to feel angry when checking in your bags
- Keep an eye on your liquids. Only 100ml per item on your carry on.
- Name tags save lives. Well they don’t save lives, but they save stress. If the airline looses your bag you’ll be fine and dandy!
- They see me rollin’. Roll all your clothes, this saves so much space!
- Keep everything valuable to you in your carry on.
- Don’t forget adapters!
- Hit the nail on the head. Nail files, clippers scissors only in your checked bag.
- Fake it ti’ll ya make it. Maximum 7kg per carry on, but they usually don’t weigh it. Make it seem real light, even if it may be 15 kg!
So you're packed and ready for your holiday
At least we both know you’re all properly packed and can enjoy even minute that awaits you. This edition of “How to pack”, if aimed for people traveling to a tropical destination for around 2 – 10 days. If I stay for 10 days I’ll usually end up doing laundry once to refresh everything. I’d rather bring 5 outfits and wash them twice then lugging around 10 outfits!
I hope this reminded you of things you may have forgot in your luggage. If you think I missed something, please leave it in the comments below! Happy Travels.
Are you traveling alone? I’ll share with you what I’ve learnt along my 2 years of traveling alone.